Re: [linux-lvm] Total free space using added VGs and LVs

Somehow this message didn't get to the list, so here it is this time

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Lou Arnold <larnolda1 gmail com> wrote:

On 10/19/09, Drew <drew kay gmail com> wrote:
When you say migrate, are you meaning migrating to a larger drive? Or
do you mean migrate portions of the filesystem to a new logical volume
with free space?
--
Drew

The documentation wasn't specific. I believe the intent was simply to migrate the data to another logical volume to temporarily allow the source volume to be reduced and/or removed. But let's assume that has happened or that doesn't need to happen. So now we need to unmount LogVol00, reduce it to its original nunber of extents and then remount it (either before or after remount we remove the physical drive.) I assume you can't try this or you'll screw up your computer, but I have a system that I screw up and easily restore from a OS image. So no need to be too cautious.
Lou.