[linux-lvm] Quick Question RE Snapshots

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Tue Oct 27 16:32:59 UTC 2009

In my experience yes - if you are doing long sequential writes, snapshot
turns them into random IO. If you were doing short random writes to begin
with, then snapshot should not have such a huge relative effect, because the
non-snapshot performance is already slow.

Larry Dickson
Cutting Edge Networked Storage