[linux-lvm] pvresize works, but not pv resize is done ?

Javier Barroso javibarroso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:08:14 UTC 2009

hi,

I have a question about lvm, this is a question about pvresize and vg
reloading its size

I have a disk in SAN environment, with next partition scheme:
/dev/mapper/mpathX --> /dev/mapper/mpathXp{1,2} --> /dev/mapper/mpathXp2p1
/dev/mapper/mpathXp2p1 is my phisical volume

I resized disk on my SAN

and then I vgchange -an; kpartx -d /dev/mapper/mpathXp2; kpartx -d
/dev/mapper/mpathX
dmsetup remove /dev/mapper/mpathX

cfdisk /dev/mapper/mpathX --> enlarge /dev/mapper/mpathXp2 partition
and then cfdisk /dev/mapper/mpathXp2 --> enlarge cfdisk /dev/mapper/mpathXp2p1

then I executed pvresize /dev/mapper/mpathXp2p1
and it said me about it was resized, but it is not !! :( (pvdisplay
and vgdisplay displays the sames size as before the operation)

Do you know what can I do ?? What can be happen here?

Thank you!