Re: [linux-lvm] Using LVM Mirroring to obtain a usable backup

Il giorno mer, 16/09/2009 alle 17.05 +0200, André Gillibert ha scritto:

> Mirroring is software RAID1.
> What you want looks like LVM snapshots.
> See LVM HOWTO to see how to create snapshots.
> A backup may be a good thing to do, too.

snapshot is not a good choise for me. I want to have an identical copy
(like dd) on another identical disk, for fast recovery in case of
failure.

This is what I do with raid hardware, and I would like to know if is
possible to do it with lvm mirroring.

I'm looking also on mdadm to mirror a disk (or partition) but I think it
is not usable when disk is already partitioned and used without mdadm.

Backup is good but is not a good choise in this case, because a full
restore is a long process

Tnx
 Ambrogio