[linux-lvm] lvm can not be extended

hi, all,

I am new to lvm. I have installed my ubuntu 8.04 on LVM in my machine.

I created a volume for the root partition. I used lvextend to extend the size of the root volume.
In lvdisplay, it shows the LV size is 25.00G. But when I use df, it shows the size of the root volume is
5.00G, which is the original size I allocated to it.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks a lot for your help.