[linux-lvm] Partition Recovery in LVM

I’ve been searching like crazy to find an answer to this question to no avail: when you restore a backup of LVM does the backup contain partition table information as well?

I recently recovered an LVM that had a partition inside of it, but it has since been unable to mount. Most recovery utilities such as TestDisk will only find the LVM so I’m unsure of how to proceed and “recover” the partition.

-Andrew