[linux-lvm] pvscan connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused

Hi all,

I've got a two-node Xen cluster I am trying to setup with a DRBD partition under an LVM pv. My layout is:

* Both node's hard drive is a PV used by one VG.
* Each node has the host OS (dom0) install on an LV using a small portion of the available space. * The majority of the space is assigned to an LV on either node that DRBD uses.
* The DRBD partition is itself setup as a new PV.

The problem is; Once I setup '/dev/drbd0' as a VG, I had to enable cluster-aware mode by changing lvm.conf to:

filter = [ "a|drbd.*|", "r|.*|" ]
locking_type = 3

  And then running:

lvmconf --enable-cluster

  After that, when I run 'pvscan', I get this output on both nodes:

[root an_san02 ~]# pvscan
  connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
  WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
  Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
  PV /dev/drbd0                      lvm2 [399.99 GB]
  Total: 1 [399.99 GB] / in use: 0 [0   ] / in no VG: 1 [399.99 GB]

How can I tell what or where the connection is failing? It *should* be going over 'eth1' on both nodes which is outside of Xen's control. I've also checked iptables and I don't see any relevant rules (I've flushed the tables and there is only now Xen-related bridging rules). Also, I can ping the other node over the dedicated DRBD interfaces.

  Thanks for any insight!

Madi