Re: [linux-lvm] pvscan connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 08:42:05PM -0500, Madison Kelly wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a two-node Xen cluster I am trying to setup with a DRBD partition under an LVM pv. My layout is:

* Both node's hard drive is a PV used by one VG.
* Each node has the host OS (dom0) install on an LV using a small portion of the available space. * The majority of the space is assigned to an LV on either node that DRBD uses.
* The DRBD partition is itself setup as a new PV.

The problem is; Once I setup '/dev/drbd0' as a VG, I had to enable cluster-aware mode by changing lvm.conf to:

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve there.
Active-Active drbd as shared storage???

[root an_san02 ~]# pvscan
  connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
  WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
  Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
  PV /dev/drbd0                      lvm2 [399.99 GB]
  Total: 1 [399.99 GB] / in use: 0 [0   ] / in no VG: 1 [399.99 GB]
sounds like the cluster daemon is not running

L.
--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.