Re: [linux-lvm] LVM preference for multipath verses disk/by-id/scsi

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Simon Loewenthal/NL/Tele2
<simon loewenthal klunky co uk> wrote:
> I don't see the connection with multipath and the lvm.conf?  Multipath
> is running well.

<quote>
How do I really know LVM is really using the mutlipath other than
disabling one of the ports on the switch, which I don't wish to do on a
production box.
</quote>

multipath -ll will show you your multipath topology.  you can then see
if the top-level multipath device matches the pvs that are in use
(such as pvdisplay -v).

For "testing" multipathing, which you say is running well, look into
dmsetup with which you can alter the topology and remove paths.