Re: [linux-lvm] Mounting an LVM disk image.

2010/01/18  <malahal us ibm com>:
> [...]
> You may be running into this problem:
> http://liorkaplan.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/when-lvm-volume-groups-collide/
>
> And this method may work, although written for something else:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.lvm.general/9628
>
> It is probably a lot easier to with a system that doesn't have
> VolGroup00 to begin with! [...] If you can't avoid it, you may
> try renaming the volume group using uuid or the above
> mentioned link that is written for cloning a volume group.

  I am happy to report that rename by UUID does work (although,
  from the above links, you would think it did not):

   :; vgrename aaaaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd-eeee-ffff-gggggg VolGroupForeign
    Volume group "VolGroup00" successfully renamed to "VolGroupForeign"

  Although it seems to be a best practice, naming volume groups
  in a unique way isn't done by default on CentOS -- and I
  inherited a bunch of CentOS Xen instances on a CentOS Dom0...

  Thanks for you help everyone,

--
Jason Dusek