[linux-lvm] Two questions about cluster support (2 problems, actually)

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Mar 16 19:23:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

   Last year, when I last setup an LVM for cluster mode (running on a
DRBD partition in Primary/Primary mode), I needed to recompile the RPM
for CentOS 5.4 in order to get the liblvm2clusterlock.so to install.
This was in reference to an initial error report I saw here:
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=37&post_id=28736&topic_id=8449
in 2007.

   Is this still a problem? I don't see that file still (fully updated
CentOS 5.4 x86_64). Without that file, I can't try 'locking_type = 2'.

   Further, when I try to use 'locking_type = 3', restart 'cman' and
then try to run 'pvdisplay', I *only* see the DRBD LVM PV. The
underlying PV used by Xen's dom0 no longer shows:

# df -hP
/dev/mapper/san02-lv01   19G  3.0G   15G  17% /
/dev/sda1             244M   35M  196M  16% /boot
tmpfs                 845M     0  845M   0% /dev/shm
none                  845M  104K  845M   1% /var/lib/xenstored

# pvdisplay
   connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
   WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
   Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
   "/dev/drbd0" is a new physical volume of "399.99 GB"
   --- NEW Physical volume ---
   PV Name               /dev/drbd0
   VG Name
   PV Size               399.99 GB
   Allocatable           NO
   PE Size (KByte)       0
   Total PE              0
   Free PE               0
   Allocated PE          0
   PV UUID               kklTST-D2ta-NRxL-Zaa2-Fa0T-ebkB-KhSq1b

   Resetting 'locking_type=1' and even after a reboot, I still can't see
the original LVM PV.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux at alteeve.com