[linux-lvm] dmeventd mirror monitoring

It seems that dmeventd was created to allow lvm to have it monitor
mirrored volumes and detect errors and take appropriate action, such as
notifying the administrator about the mirror becoming degraded and maybe
rebuilding with a spare.  I can't find any documentation on how to
configure this though, so I get the feeling that it has not been
implemented.  Is this the case?