Re: [linux-lvm] shrink VG and PV

On 05/17/2010 11:30 PM, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

Conclusion: always use only one metadata area per PV (but on multiple PVs
when available).

I don't know how that second metadata area got there :)  I don't think I'm using it or will have any use for it.
So there is no way of erasing it? If I do "backup VG, redo pvcreate with uuid&  restorefile, restore VG"
as Alasdair said as quoted by malahal us ibm com, I will erase all data, right? The solution seems to be
roughly equivalent to backing up all data and then repartition before copying back?