[linux-lvm] Adding a disk to expand an existing logical volume

kevin k at kevinkevin.com
Wed May 19 15:43:09 UTC 2010

Howdy,

I have a live production system w/ logical volume that i want to add a drive
to. I just wanted to confirm that adding a drive
(fdisk+mkfs+pvcreate+vgextend+lvextend) is the right way to go about adding
a disk to logical volumes? I want to ensure that the existing data on the
logical volume isn't compromised and have never done this before.

If theres something I should be aware of or if my process is incorrect,
please let me know. Any help is extremely appreciated J

Thanks,

Kevin