[linux-lvm] Adding a disk to expand an existing logical volume

Howdy,

I have a live production system w/ logical volume that i want to add a drive to. I just wanted to confirm that adding a drive (fdisk+mkfs+pvcreate+vgextend+lvextend) is the right way to go about adding a disk to logical volumes? I want to ensure that the existing data on the logical volume isn’t compromised and have never done this before.

If theres something I should be aware of or if my process is incorrect, please let me know. Any help is extremely appreciated J

Thanks,

Kevin