Re: [linux-lvm] Adding a disk to expand an existing logical volume

On 10-05-19 12:37 PM, kevin wrote:

If I were you, I would not bother with partition(s). I will add the
whole disk to LVM.

I intend for the entire disk to be used -- so I should just skip the fdisk
step?

Thanks,

Kevin
http://blog.stardothosting.com

Unless Malahal knows something I don't (which is always possible), then you still need to create a single partition that consumes the whole disk and then assign that to you VG.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux alteeve com