Re: [linux-lvm] advice for curing terrible snapshot performance?

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 02:52, chris (fool) mccraw <gently gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 16:58, Stuart D Gathman <stuart bmsi com> wrote:
> On 11/12/2010 07:17 PM, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:
>> still curious about Zumastor--does anyone use this in production?
> Zumastor would not speed up a single snapshot.  It solves the problem of
> supporting multiple (as in lots of) snapsnots with the same performance
> as a single snapshot (so that taking a snap every 5mins becomes
> practical).

I realize this.  like i said, we can probably eat the performance hit
for a single snapshot, but more than one is just not workable so far.

Found another interesting post about LVM perf with snapshots.

http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2009/02/05/disaster-lvm-performance-in-snapshot-mode/

--
Romeo Theriault