Re: [linux-lvm] Move pvmove questions Was: Need help with a particular use-case for pvmove.

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2010, Stirling Westrup wrote:
>> > The man page explains how pvmove works.  No data is removed until it
>> > is safely available in its new location.
>> pmove's man page leaves a LOT to be desired. It gives the bare syntax
> ... lots of valid criticism
> In the New Testament, speaking in tongues had to be accompanied by
> an interpretation.  In Open Source, criticism (however valid) should
> be accompanied by a contribution (in this case, an edited man page)!

While I don't necessarily disagree with the point above, there ARE
only so many hours in a day, and the vast majority of Open Source
software that I use has similar problems. In fact, most have far worse
documentation than does LVM. I refuse to let the fact that I cannot
single-handedly supply documentation to the entire open source
community deter me from pointing out deficiencies where they arise.

> Actually, I would be willing to do that, I'm up to the writing, but it will
> take me a while to figure out where to check out the current man page source,
> unless someone gives me a pointer.

I tip my hat to you, sir, for being willing to tackle this task!

Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.