Re: [linux-lvm] mounting a filesystem on LVM2

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Alexander Skwar
<alexanders mailinglists+nospam gmail com> wrote:
> Okay. In cfdisk, you don't create filesystems. And cfdisk is
> of no use for dealing with LVM (besides maybe creating
> partitions which have to be made PVs with pvcreate).
I created partitions with cfdisk and the one of the partition is
partition number 83 I made it and another is 82 which is swap space.

> Hence the question: What filesystem is on this lv?
I was searching what is the code 83 corresponds to that I could not find
because if I remember 83,84 like that it was used for ext3/etx4 but
when I used cfdisk
i could not find a hex code corresponding to ext3,ext4.
> And I'd
> like to restate the advice from someone else:
>
>   Read the howto!
Well what exactly ?