Re: [linux-lvm] partition 2 different type of filesystem in an LVM

Then use mkfs on each /dev/mapper/nintendo-lvm1p*
--
Ray Morris
support bettercgi com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/

http://www.bettercgi.com/throttlebox/

On 10/05/2010 07:18:11 AM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
Step 1) pvcreate /dev/sdb
Step 2) vgcreate nintendo /dev/sbd
  Volume group "nintendo" successfully created

Step 3) lvcreate --name lvm1 --size 10G nintendo

Step 4) vgscan
Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "nintendo" using metadata type lvm2

Step 5) lvdisplay

--- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/nintendo/lvm1
  VG Name                nintendo
  LV UUID                280Mup-H9aa-sn0S-AXH3-04cP-V6p9-lfoGgJ
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                10.00 GB

Step 6) cfdisk /dev/nintendo/lvm1

Step 7) kpartx -av /dev/nintendo/lvm1
lvscan
ACTIVE            '/dev/nintendo/lvm1' [10.00 GiB] inherit

vgscan
Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "nintendo" using metadata type lvm2

Step 8) Create two partitions on /dev/nintendolvm1
now how do I convert them to filesystem

as in lvscan it does not come as two different blocks I see them as
only one block device

ACTIVE            '/dev/nintendo/lvm1' [10.00 GiB] inherit

What I am doing manually in step 8 is some thing done when using
virt-manager to install guest OS.
If some  one can point me to script that is doing this I will be able
to understand.