Re: [linux-lvm] mounting a filesystem on LVM2

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Tapas Mishra wrote:

> I want to break one LVM into 2 one of which I want to populate with a
> root filesystem
> and another with swap.

If you want people to understand your questions, stop talk about "one LVM"
as if it was a storage device (virtual or real).  LVM is a software
package, and the objects you manipulate using it include

LV	Logical Volume
PV	Physical Volume
VG	Volume Group

In addition, kpartx creates virtual block devices.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>