[linux-lvm] LVM mirror questions

Jay jrharris19 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 15:26:10 UTC 2010

Phillip,

Thank you for your answer and advice.  How unfortunate about lvm mirroring being
broken.  I like your suggestion about how it SHOULD work.   In fact, long ago in
a different age when I was working with rs6000s, I believe that is how reliable
mirroring was accomplished with the ibm lvm.  Either that or it was that the
metadata/log block was stored on multiple disks with a quorum needed to be
functional.

I will convert to md mirror device.    If I had more skill, I would contribute
somehow to the development effort.    As it is, I will lurk on the list to see I
can be helpful to someone else.    Again, I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Jason Harris