Re: [linux-lvm] Parse error question

On 10/17/2010 05:33 AM, zhtiara wrote:
> Hi all
> When I run the LVM2 command(such as, pvs,lvs), the following error message appears
> "Parse error at byte 16 (line 1): unexpected token"

You probably have a typo on line 16 of /etc/lvm/lvm.conf. What does it
say (paste the whole file into a pastebin service like
http://www.pastebin.com/ and send the link to the list).

E.g.:

/etc/lvm/lvm.conf
     13 devices {
     14
     15     # Where do you want your volume groups to appear ?
     16     gremlins
     17     dir = "/dev"

# pvs
  Parse error at byte 557 (line 17): unexpected token
  Failed to load config file /etc/lvm/lvm.conf

Regards,
Bryn.