Re: [linux-lvm] Determine boot disk device name...

I also wanted to suggest this, but…

benutzer horst:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
root=/dev/xvda1 ro

At most, you can find the root device there. But not the
device from which you booted.

Since I didn't know a good answer, I didn't write anything. But
it would be interesting to find the answer!

Best regards,
Alexander

2010/10/25 Malahal Naineni <malahal us ibm com>
Jon Price [jonelwoodprice gmail com] wrote:
>    Hi,
>    For starters, how can I determine the physical device name of
>    current/active boot disk in Linux?
>    Tx,
>    Jon

cat /proc/cmdline and go from there!