Re: [linux-lvm] Determine boot disk device name...

Alexander Skwar [alexanders mailinglists+nospam gmail com] wrote:
>    I also wanted to suggest this, but…
>
>    benutzer horst:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
>    root=/dev/xvda1 ro

I got confused with boot and root! Thanks for correction. Usually boot
disk is mounted at /boot. Your boot disk could be same as root disk (in
this case there would not be anything mounted at /boot but just a
directory).

I don't think there is a sure way to find out your boot-loader disk in
every situation as your boot-loader disk is not needed after boot.

Thanks, Malahal.