Re: [linux-lvm] Snapshots and disk re-use

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

lvcreate -nNewCustomerLV -L20G vg0

where vg0 is /dev/vg0
and vg0 is a volume group which uses an entire physical partition (Which I guess is called a PV).

Now, if I were to create my snapshots on a seperate vg, eg:

You can't do that.  Snapshots must be on the same VG.  James is suggesting you
create them on the same VG, but a different PV reserved for backup snapshots.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>