[linux-lvm] lvm devices under /dev/mapper missing

Hi,

I'm using LVM on top of software RAID 1 on Debian squeeze.

The symbolic links under /dev/mapper have gone missing. I don't know why. I'm looking for advice on how to diagnose and fix this (if necessary). I believe udev dynamically generates these links, so in the best case scenario nothing needs to be done. But I don't know if there might be other problems I'm not aware of.

Further details are at

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/11125/lvm-devices-under-dev-mapper-missing

Please CC me on any reply to faheem email unc edu Thanks very much in advance.

                                                         Regards, Faheem