[linux-lvm] SAN

Hi Everyone,

I am considering my options at deploying a large SAN for our Xen cloud. We love LVM and find that it's great for expanding and shrinking LVs.

What is the best way to deploy LVM in such a way that multiple servers could access the LVs? Really what I'm looking for is a "common VG" for all of our servers. Note though that only one server will actually access each LV, however it would be cool if another server could make a snapshot to perform an rsync backup.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks