Re: [linux-lvm] SAN

On Fri, 22 Apr 2011, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

What is the best way to deploy LVM in such a way that multiple servers could access the LVs? Really what I'm looking for is a "common VG" for all of our servers. Note though that only one server will actually access each LV, however it would be cool if another server could make a snapshot to perform an rsync backup.

This is what cluster LVM is for.  It provides a locking mechanism to
avoid conflicting changes to LVM metadata.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>