[linux-lvm] Cluster snapshots

Christian Motschke christian at motschke.de
Wed Apr 27 12:07:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

I tried the unstable packages of lvm2 in debian with support for clustered snapshots (2.02.84). It is unusable (at least for me ;-).
I have corosync and clvm with openais support running. Locking type is set to 3 in lvm.conf. I have only 1 server with clvm in this test setup. I hope this is not the problem.

What I did:
gcc:~# vgchange -cy vgtest
 Volume group "vgtest" successfully changed
gcc:~# vgdisplay -C
 VG     #PV #LV #SN Attr   VSize VFree
 vgtest   1   1   0 wz--nc 4.00g 3.00g
gcc:~# lvdisplay -C
 LV      VG     Attr   LSize Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
 test-lv vgtest -wi-a- 1.00g
gcc:~#

gcc:~# lvchange -aey vgtest/test-lv
gcc:~# lvcreate -s -n test-lv-snap -L 100m vgtest/test-lv
 Logical volume "test-lv-snap" created
gcc:~# lvdisplay -C
 LV           VG     Attr   LSize   Origin  Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
 test-lv      vgtest owi-a-   1.00g
 test-lv-snap vgtest swi-a- 100.00m test-lv 100.00

So, after I created the snapshot it is immediately disabled and 100% full. What am I doing wrong?

With kind regards.
Christian Motschke