Re: [linux-lvm] Recovering Accidentally Destroyed LVM2 Information

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011, Chris Streeter wrote:

What you *should* have done is restore the metadata to the point before
your errant command.  You can still do that (if it is still in the archive),
but the several K of zeros written to the start of the LV you created will
require recovery.

So I still have all the files in the archive of the form raid_vg_0000*.vg

If have those files, how would I go about restoring the metadata to
the device? If I were to loose several K of data, I'm totally fine
with that.

man vgcfgrestore

I believe you want # vgcfgrestore -f /path/to/archived/metadata raid_vg

The '-l' option should list available archives if vg is still live.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>