[linux-lvm] Migrating linear LVM to striped

Hi,

I've been trying to find out if it's possible to migrate an approximately half-used linear LV (across two LUN's) into a striped LV (across the same two LUN's).

>From what I've read, it's possible to create an LV that is striped, but not really to migrate/convert from one form to the other.

My reading was also a bit vague on limitations or restrictions were in place for a striped LV's use (both LUN's must be the same size (assuming they do)? etc.).

My current plan of action appears to be to create a new LV with the unused space that is striped, then manually ship data between them, but this seems horribly long winded and full of manual interaction (as against an lv* command to do the block splitting/shifting without interrupting use).

Anyway, some clarifying answers would be wonderful.

Stuart J. Browne