Re: [linux-lvm] moving LVMs to another machine

On 01/14/2011 01:54 PM, Ray Morris wrote:
I did not actively deactivate any volume groups or logical volumes
before I made this move.

[snip]

Since you said you "did not actively deactivate any volume groups",
I'm assuming you did not use "vgexport" and therefore don't need to
use "vgimport".

I read that to mean that he did not do this on the old machine:
# lvchange -an foo/bar
# vgchange -an foo

--
Famous University Professor says...
"Of course 5 years from (1992) everyone will be running free GNU on