Re: [linux-lvm] vgscan

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Prathyush <prathyush r gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

What does vgscan --mknodes command will do. Can i use this for exporting the vgs to another system

--

From the vgscan(8) man page:

--mknodes
Also checks the LVM special files in /dev that are needed for active logical volumes and creates any missing ones and removes unused ones

The years I have been working with lvm I have never had to use this command.  Typically as long as I mark the volume group as active on the node that I want the vgscan to be usable  vgchange -a y ${volume_group} takes care of presenting the device files where on the node it was activated on.

Hope that helps.