[linux-lvm] rhel5.6 lvm2 clvmd

Jewsco Pius Jacquez JewscoPius.Jacquez at Amdocs.com
Thu Jul 7 16:35:21 UTC 2011

Digimer, thanks!

Let me mentioned all.

I have SAN DiskA belongs to VG1 presented to node1 and node2. Node1 & Node2 is under the same cluster.
I created a snapshot of DiskA in Emc storage as BCV copy and called it DiskA-copy and presented it to Node3(not a cluster member).

I importclone the DiskA-copy to a new VG1_clone with lockingtype of 1 but it wont allow me saying skipping clustered volume. I think it is designed this way.

So what I did is use the LVM_SYSTEM_DIR to point to lockingtype of 0 and I was able to import it.
Is this the way or there are other preferred way to do it.

Thanks,
Jewsco

-----Original Message-----
From: Digimer [mailto:linux at alteeve.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:35 AM
To: LVM general discussion and development
Cc: Jewsco Pius Jacquez
Subject: Re: [linux-lvm] rhel5.6 lvm2 clvmd

On 07/06/2011 04:13 PM, Jewsco Pius Jacquez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can a disks be imported from a clustered node(rhel5.6 lvm2/clvmd/cman)
> to a non-cluster node(rhel5.6 lvm2)?
>
> Thanks,
> Jewsco
>
> This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,
> you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

If the node was removed from the cluster, then 'lvmconf
--disable-cluster' will make the appropriate changes to the lvm.conf
file (locking_type = 1). After that, turn off clvmd and you should be
able to use the LVM as a normal stand-alone setup.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."