[linux-lvm] lvconvert --merge bug

I was playing with snapshot merging a discovered a problem. If a snap starts
out as invalid the merge command starts merging and then quits. That leaves
the snap in a strange condition. It is listed as merging even though the merge
failed. It also becomes tricky to delete the invalid snap. It would seem
better if the merge command checked the validity first.

I also have a question. The error message from lvconvert suggests that the
snap might become invalid <during>  the merge. If that happens does the origin
get scrambled?

Thank you.