Re: [linux-lvm] Help to mount ext3 boot partiton which reports it's LVM2_member when I try to mount it

On 6/17/2011 11:59 AM, Lee Gold wrote:
In my opinion LVM2 should of flagged me when it went about changing my
config - which it did - the boot partition's location and spec could not

/It/ did not do anything. /You/ ran pvcreate on the wrong partition, probably because when you connected the second disk, it became sda instead of sdb as you probably expected, and you ran pvcreate /dev/sdb1, which was your boot partition.