Re: [linux-lvm] Tracing IO requests?

On 3/2/2011 3:44 PM, Ray Morris wrote:
On 3/2/2011 12:13 PM, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
I know the IO is only being caused by a "cp -a" command, but the
issue is why all the reads?  It should be 99% writes.
cp has to read something before it can write it elsewhere.

Ray, my bad, I should have specified, the cp reads from a different volume/set of drives.

Thanks for the systemtap tip, Dave!

--Bart