Re: [linux-lvm] Advanced Format disks mixed with regular disks?

On 03/16/2011 07:39 PM, Martin K. Petersen wrote:
"Phillip" == Phillip Susi<psusi cfl rr com>  writes:

Phillip>  The kernel has the ability to read it from the drive and report
Phillip>  it to the user space tools, which have been patched to use it,
Phillip>  but the WD EARS drives lie and claim 512/512 instead of
Phillip>  512/4096.

The saving grace is that modern util-linux/dm tooling aligns on 1MB by
default instead of sector 63.

So, given the correct options ( -c -b 4096 ), v2.17.2 will handle the 2TB WD Caviar Green WD20EARS drives which I just bought for my external backup device... Right?

(Along with a current lvm and kernel.)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-lvm/2011-March/msg00053.html

--
I prefer banana-flavored energy bars made from tofu.