Re: [linux-lvm] How to fix missmatch between VG-size and LV-size?

On 03/31/2011 10:06 AM, Fredrik Skog wrote:
Hello,

If I ever get all this data back I will definitely try to either RAID it
or make a backup of the most importatnt stuff on the volume.

Tsk tsk tsk. No one ever *really* learns until thy lose something important.

High-capacity "Green" hard drives are dirt cheap, as are external USB and eSATA enclosures. (Though I haven't figured out how to pull the eSATA plug on a running system without it scribbling all over something important...) So, if today I were building a backup system, I'd buy a USB 3.0 card, a 2-drive USB 3.0 enclosure and a couple of 3TB Green drives.

corrupt."