[linux-lvm] getting pe_start right

While trying to convert my mdadm raid5 array from metadata format 0.9 to 1.0, I forgot to specify the version and it defaulted to 1.2, which damaged the lvm metadata. After correcting mdadm to 1.0, I decided to try to recreate the LVM after managing to locate the volume descriptions in the metadata after manually dumping it.

The problem I now have is that pvcreate will not use the same pe_start as before. It was 384 and it is now 3072. I tried using --metadatasize 192k --dataalignmentsize 0 and it did not help. What gives?