Re: [linux-lvm] getting pe_start right

On 5/6/2011 11:21 AM, Mike Snitzer wrote:
chances are lvm2's data_alignment_detection will shift the data start to
the start of the next full stripe of the raid5.

That appears to be what was going on. I found entries in lvm.conf to enable/disable autodetection of the raid stripe width and turned it off.

You should be able to specify the old start with:

--dataalignment 192k --dataalignmentoffset 0

(--dataalignmentoffset 0 likely isn't needed, but it just overrides
lvm2's data_alignment_offset detection if it just so happens that
raid5 has alignment_offset!=0)

The command line switches did not appear to override the autodetection; I had to shut it off in the conf file. Is this a bug?