[linux-lvm] LVM - Combining different hard drives with different specs ?

Hi,

I have a 100GB IDE HD that will fill up soon. I have a 1TB SATA drive I
want to add. I am using Ubuntu Server 10.04, I installed the existing
100GB drive using LVM, only a single initial HD. I aim to increase my
storage capacity under the server's document root /var/www... Before I
get started hopefully asking intelligent questions and giving the needed
information to help you help me, I wanted to ask this initial question:

These two drives are different, they surely have different performance.
Will this be a problem? If it was RAID I think matching drives are
needed. I just want to add storage capacity with acceptable performance
for a local in-house server.

Thanks,

Lee G.