Re: [linux-lvm] N00b Question: Logical Volume without a Logical Volume Group ?

Hello,

Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 11:18:50, James Hawtin wrote:

> Personally even with LVM I would still write a partition table the disk,
> this helps show the disk as being used to other system administrators,
> however there would be one partition on it of type 8e, and on that I
> would create a PV (physical volume), this PV can then be used to create

How do you extend the PV then? For example extend the LUN on storage
or just resize a RAID1+0 set by adding 2 new disks... Resizing the
block device is no problem, resizing the PV also, but to resize the
PV, you need to resize the partition also - and if I remember well,
the kernel won't re-read the new partition table while it is used...

--
  bYE, Marki