Re: [linux-lvm] Cannot unmount logical volume to reduce it

Dan White wrote:
Thanks.  I'll try it and see what I get.
I may be able to customize a rescue disc.
IF you don't mount the disks, you may need to so a pvscan and a vgchange -a y

the other alturnative when you use a rescue disk is to just inmount the filesystems, you will not have a problem as the disks are not in use.

The third alturnative is to take out the disks from the fstab, and use grub to boot the machine single user however, newer OS like centos 6 will not like this rather than dropping to a shell will just throw a wobbly and reboot.

James