Re: [linux-lvm] Recovering a volume after lost disk

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, shtegtari wrote:

I think I have run these commands before but all that hapens is:

#vgreduce --removemissing video # ; vgchange -ay
 Volume group "video" is already consistent
# lvs|grep video
# <nothng returend>

So, the problem is that I can see the voumee grop with vgs but not volume with lvs.

Anything else to try?

If you removed the dead disk, and the LV is now gone, then that LV was
entirely stored on the dead disk.

You could try to copy any remaining good sectors from the dead disk
to a new disk.  Try using a USB enclosure and putting the dead drive in
USB enclosure in a freezer, then do the copy using dd_rescue (don't
try to activate any volume groups or mount any filesystems).

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>