Re: [linux-lvm] initializing a PV, which was part of an old VG

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011, Alexander Lyakas wrote:

I am frequently hitting issues when trying to create a new VG on a PV
that had existing VG. (This PV is usually an MD raid0 or raid1
device). I am wondering what is the correct procedure to completely
wipe out any remains of LVM signatures from a PV, and initialize the
PV afresh?

pvremove /dev/xxxx

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>