Re: [linux-lvm] LVM Mirror Failure Detection

Dne 3.10.2011 23:10, Richard Turner napsal(a):
> HIi
>
> I am trying to setup LVM Mirroring on a Ubuntu 11.04 system and I'm not
> having any luck getting the mirror failure detection working.
>
> I have downloaded and compiled LVM from source (v2.2.02.88) and installed
> dmeventd but still monitoring doesn't seem to work, when a mirror leg
> failure occurs and I try to copy data to the LV the prompt just hangs
> indefinitely with no mention of the problem anywhere.
>
> There is no indication anywhere that mirror failure monitoring shouldn't
> work but I did notice that I don't have the
> 'libdevmapper-event-lvm2mirror.so' module anywhere on my system even after
> installing from source, am I missing something or is this functionality not
> yet available?

Haven't you forget --enable-dmeventd ?

Also make sure lvm.conf has proper referent on dmeventd binary
and 'activation/monitoring = 1' or you activate with monitoring (which you
could check via 'ps' if you will find dmeventd task running on your system,
after activation of some mirror).

Zdenek