Re: [linux-lvm] initializing a PV, which was part of an old VG

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, Alexander Lyakas wrote:

yes, I only had a single PV, and I did pvcreate on it, and then
lvm_scan() from my process.

So you suggest to use first pvremove and then pvcreate? Because
pvcreate I do in any case. So pvcreate alone is not similar to
pvremove followed by pvcreate?

Yes, you need to pvremove first to start from scratch.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>