Re: [linux-lvm] Attempting to salvage data from a PV on a damaged disk

On 2011-10-18 8:51 PM, Robert Gormley <rgormley mgcare com> wrote:
The system would not boot from the "live disk" due to what appears to be a minor (but not minor enough) disk failure (SMART and other tests pass, but I get some I/O errors before operations work).

What filesystem is on the disk? Maybe you could try something like spinrite? I have used it successfully countless times with drives that have developed some bad sectors but are otherwise ok...