Re: [linux-lvm] Changing dev_t-devname mapping in lvmlib seems to be problematic

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011, Alexander Lyakas wrote:

dm-xxx devices are created dynamicaly - there is currently no way to
have a fixed dm device node and it would be quite ugly to provide such
feature.
I did not understand this comment. Do you mean the dm-xxx devices that
LVM creates for its LVs? I was talking about dm-linear devices that I
use for PVs.

Why are you using dm-linear for PVs?

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>